Archived News Article
Work on ISO standards
Work has been taking place across a number of ISO standards, and the Furniture Industry Research Association has been at meetings to enable us to inform members of amendments, possible revisions and other key news.
Updates are now available on the following standards:
- IEC 60335-2-116: 2019 Household and similar electrical appliances. Safety. Part 2-116: Particular requirements for furniture with electrically motorized parts
- ISO/WD 7173 Furniture – Seating – Test methods for the determination of strength and durability
- ISO/WD 19682 Furniture Tables Test methods for the determination of stability, strength and durability
- ISO 7170 Furniture – Storage units - Determination of strength and durability
- ISO 3055 Kitchen equipment – co-ordinating sizes
- ISO 9098-1 Bunk beds – Safety requirements and tests – Part 1 Safety requirements
- ISO 9098-2 Bunk beds – Safety requirements and tests – Part 2 test methods
- ISO/WD 23769 Furniture - Mattresses - Test methods for the determination of functional characteristics
- ISO 9241-5:1999 Ergonomic requirements for office work with visual display terminals (VDTs) -- Part 5: Workstation layout and postural requirements
- ISO/CD 23767 Children’s furniture – Mattresses for cots and cribs.
FIRA members can access all the updates below.