News updates across various standards
There's been a lot of activity recently across various standards including:
- BS 6396:2008+A1:2015. Electrical systems in office furniture and educational furniture. Specification
- BS EN 1335-1:2020 Office furniture. Office work chair. Dimensions. Determination of dimensions
- BS EN 16139:2013. Furniture. Strength, durability and safety. Requirements for non-domestic seating
- BS EN 1729-2:2012+A1:2015. Furniture. Chairs and tables for educational institutions. Safety requirements and test methods
- BS EN 747-1:2012+A1:2015. Furniture. Bunk beds and high beds. Safety, strength and durability requirements
To help members understand and navigate changes, and proposed amends, Levent Caglar has prepared a short update which is available below.