Archived News Article
Standards meeting report – domestic furniture
A meeting of CEN TC207 WG1, the European standards committee tasked with producing standards for domestic furniture, was recently held in Berlin.
The subjects discussed included:
- The position of CEN TC207 in relation to the Machinery Directive and electrical furniture;
- An amendment to EN 14749 – domestic storage furniture – to look at the stability of TV units;
- The revision of EN 1129 Parts 1 and 2 – Foldaway beds;
- The revision of EN 1725 for domestic beds;
- Clarification of the assembly and care instruction requirement contained within many European Standards;
- An update on work within ISO CEN TC136 preparing international furniture standards.
Members of the Furniture Industry Research Association can read a full meeting report below.
To find out how to join the Research Association and access this information, contact FIRA on 01438 777700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org