Standards Report – Common test methods
CEN TC207 WG9, the European standards committee tasked with developing common test method standards for furniture, recently met at FIRA’s headquarters. The committee chaired by FIRA’s Phil Reynolds discussed a wide range of topics, including:
- Motorised furniture
- Standardising test foams and mattresses
- Report from seat loading point workshop
- Report from suspended seating workshop
- Problems identified with EN 1022 – Furniture. Seating. Determination of stability
- Problems identified with EN 1728 – Furniture. Seating. Test methods for the determination of strength and durability.
- Rational for increasing the load of seating users above 110 kg
Key decisions taken at the meeting were:
- To Ask CEN TC207 for a WI for the Technical Report standardizing the requirements for test foams and mattresses
- To delay work on a revision/amendment of EN 1022 whilst more information is gathered.
- To start work on a draft standard for suspended seating
- To start work on a draft technical report for increasing the load of users.
Members of the Furniture Industry Research Association can read a full meeting report below, or contact FIRA on 01438 777700 or email email@example.com.
Restricted content - Research Association Members only - login to view
If your company is a Member and you need a login please click here