Updated bed standard published
A new version of BS EN 1725:2023 Beds - Requirements for safety, strength and durability has been published. This replaces BS EN 1725:1998.
The main changes to the updated standard are:
- Addition of horizontal test methods
- Addition of test method for durability of electrically operated bed mechanism; reference to the test methods of ISO 19833:2018
- Introduction of requirements for guest beds
- Introduction of requirements for non-domestic use
- Introduction of information for use
- Addition of requirements for strength and durability
- Addition of entanglement hazards
For further information about testing to this new standard, please contact the service provider to The Research Association, FIRA International.