Furniture Industry Research Association release their latest Standards Update
The Furniture Industry Research Association has published their latest Quarterly Standards Update, which is available to all members of the Association.
The September update confirms the publication of a number of new standards across the furniture sector including:
- ISO 19833: 2018 Furniture - Beds - Test methods for the determination of stability, strength and durability
- PD CEN/TR 13387-5: 2018 Child care articles - General safety guidelines - Part 5: Product information
- PD CEN/TR 13387-1: 2018 Child care articles - General safety guidelines - Part 1: Safety philosophy and safety assessment
- PD CEN/TR 13387‑2: 2018 Child care articles - General safety guidelines. Part 2: Chemical hazards
- CEN/TR 13387‑2 is intended to be used in conjunction with CEN/TR 13387‑1 and supersedes PD CEN/TR 13387‑2:2015 which is withdrawn
- PD CEN/TR 13387‑3:2018 Child care articles - General safety guidelines. Part 3: Mechanical hazards
> CEN/TR 13387-3 is intended to be used in conjunction with CEN/TR 13387-1 and supersedes PD CEN/TR 13387‑3:2015, which is withdrawn
- BS EN 16232: 2013+A1: 2018 Child use and care articles - Infant swings
> EN 16232:2013+A1:2018 supersedes BS EN 16232:2013, which is withdrawn.
- BS EN 16780 Textile child care articles - Safety requirements and test methods for children's cot bumpers
- ANSI-BIFM X6.4: 2018 Occasional-use seating
Further standards covered in the update include those related to non-domestic tables and desks / office desks, non-domestic / office seating, non-domestic / office storage, educational furniture, laboratory furniture, beds and mattresses, domestic seating, domestic tables, domestic storage, kitchens, children's furniture, hardware and also surface finishes.
The Research Association’s next planned Quarterly Standards Update will be available in December. However, in the interim, their members will be made aware when there are new confirmed standards, revisions to current standards and standards out for consultation.
Further details on membership of the Furniture Industry Research Association is available here.