Standards meeting report – Domestic furniture
A meeting of CEN TC207 WG1, the European committee tasked with developing standards for domestic furniture, recently met in Nuremberg.
The committee discussed a wide range of issues including:
- Motorised furniture
- Amendment to EN 14749 - Domestic and kitchen storage units and kitchen-worktops – Safety requirements and test methods
- Project group report – swivel chairs (EN 12520)
- Project group report – Foldaway beds – EN 1129 Parts 1 & 2
- Project group report – Beds – EN 1725
- Shear and squeeze points
- Furniture and the circular economy
The key outcome of the meeting was that it was agreed to ask for a formal enquiry into the revision of EN 14749 to increase the stability requirements for TV furniture.
Knowledge is a key benefit of membership of the Furniture Industry Research Association, and full members can read a full meeting report below
If you want more information contact FIRA on 01438 777700 or email email@example.com
Restricted content - Research Association Members only - login to view
If your company is a Member and you need a login please click here