Archived News Article
European Standards meeting report – Advisory Group.
A meeting of the CEN TC207 advisory group recently met in Paris, to discuss issues that affect all groups developing European furniture standards. Attended by FIRA’s Phil Reynolds and Levent Çaglar, the group discussed the following topics:
- The future of the advisory group;
- Obsolete standards listed in the OJEC;
- The weight of a standard person;
- Electric furniture and the Machinery Directive
- Shear and squeeze points
- Work in ISO furniture standards
Members of the Furniture Industry Research Association can read a full meeting report below.
Alternatively, a full list of standards meeting reports can be found here