Archived News Article
FEMB Technical Committee Meeting Report - September 2016
On Friday 16th September FIRA took part in the latest FEMB Technical Committee meeting in Milan, on behalf of the BCFA. The European Technical Committee meets regularly as a cross-country team of experts to review European norms and standards and monitors proposed changes in regulation.
The technical committee promotes the dissemination of knowledge and discussions on a variety of environmental and sustainability issues, providing a platform for industry professionals to share their experience and learning outcomes.
The latest meeting provided:
- An update on Level scheme approval process for accreditation and changes to the standard and guidance manuals.
- An update to the proposed financing of the Level programme
- A presentation by Valdelia on changes to the Office Furniture EPR Scheme in France
- An update on the latest changes to BIFMA e3 Furniture Sustainability Standard and Tools
- A discussion on the use of fire retardants in furniture and possible cooperation with EFIC
 Level scheme ‘Sustainability requirements for office and non‐domestic furniture for indoor use’ Available at: http://femb.org/wp-content/uploads/femb_sustainability_std_final_2014-10-07.pdf
 BIFMA e3 Furniture Sustainability Standard and Tools. Available at: https://www.bifma.org/?page=e3standard&terms=%22e3%22