At a glance:
The Government are taking a stronger focus on the environment and sustainability through policy and long-term plans, where we’re already seeing an emphasis on packaging and recycling. Whilst there is much attention being placed on the impact of food packaging many of the strategies being developed will potentially impact the whole supply chain and the furniture industry will need to address current compliance and prepare for the future legislative changes.
This guide looks at the current requirements and potential options surrounding packaging materials in the furniture industry.
Sections within the 36 page guide include:
- Sustainable packaging – the main drivers, design and design considerations, costs, appearance, environmental compliance
- Main legislation, including Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 2007, the plastic packaging tax and the UK Government’s 25-year environment plan
- Sustainable packaging – industry innovations
- Reuse, recovery and disposal, collection of post-use packaging, On-Pack Recycling Label (OPRL) and other packaging labels
- Current packaging material options and alternative packaging options
- Avoiding plastic waste
- Developing a sustainable packaging programme
Download pdfLogin to download
Restricted content for Research Association members only - Login to view
If your company is a Member and you need a login please click here