Working safely during coronavirus
The UK government, in consultation with industry, has produced ‘COVID-19 secure’ guidance to help ensure workplaces are as safe as possible.
“The Furniture Industry Research Association contributed to the document’s content via its work with the British Furniture Confederation.
Guides of most interest to the furniture industry include:
- Factories, plants and warehouses - Guidance for people who work in or run factories, plants and warehouses
- Homes - Guidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to home environments as well as their employers
- Offices and contact centres - Guidance for people who work in or run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments
- Shops and branches - Guidance for people who work in or run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
- Vehicles - Guidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar.