Archived News Article
'The future of the office and office workers' report
The most extensive report, commissioned from independent consultants for the British Contract Furnishing Association (BCFA), on the future of the office and office workers in the UK in view of the COVID-19 pandemic has revealed that the seismic change in the way we work now is here to stay.
The massive shift in working arrangements that has taken place since March this year will continue and there will not be a universal return to the office when ‘things get back to normal’. The office is however certainly not dead and will play a key role in businesses coming back stronger than ever in future.
Conclusions of the report include:
- The pre pandemic 9-5 in the office will be a thing of the past and will stay that way.
- Speculation that the office is dead with businesses moving to full time remote working is also misplaced.
- A blended working approach mixing the office with remote working looks set to be the future.
- Staff working from home reported higher levels of stress, citing loneliness and technology problems as key issues.
- Nearly half of working from home