Archived News Article
UK Timber Regulation Template now available to members
The sixth and final template in the current series of support documents is now available to members, with a focus on the UK Timber Regulation.
Since 1 January 2021, the UK Timber Regulation (UKTR) prohibits the sale of illegally harvested timber and timber products in GB and creates legal obligations for those organisations first placing these products on the market to exercise due diligence. Products that contain timber and timber products must be without risk of illegality. In this aspect, organisations that first place these products on the GB market have various legal obligations to meet including the duty to exercise due diligence.
The new 'UK Timber Regulation Template' from the Furniture Industry Research Association aims to help members reach compliance, and also includes a tracker to log timber sources and demonstrate due diligence.
Previously released templates in this current series include:
- Flammability Tracker Template
- Health and Wellbeing Policy Template
- Sharps and Broken Needle Procedure Template
- Risk Assessment for furniture products
- Sustainability KPI Dashboard
Templates released in 2021 include:
- Carbon Footprint Calculator (Scope 1&2)
- Environmental Policy Template
- GB Biocidal Products Regulation (GB BPR) Labelling for Treated Articles Template
- Modern Slavery Policy Template
- Product Safety Incident Plan - Template based on PAS 7100 requirements
- REACH, POPs and BIOCIDES Chemical Compliance Templates
- UKCA Label Template for Marking of Products
- Declaration of Conformity (GB Type post Brexit)
Again, all resources are available to members as part of their membership benefits. Non-members can purchase the support documents, further details are available from the team at email@example.com