Training & Events
Service Technicians and Furniture Ombudsman: the furniture inspection/repair process and legal updates
The free event will include a mix of ‘classroom’ style sessions and practical hands-on workshops where you will have the opportunity learn how our experts inspect furniture and identify possible faults, alongside the opportunity to try a range of repair techniques first-hand.
The consumer law section delivered by Judith Turner, Legal Council and Head of ADR at the Furniture Ombudsman will focus on consumer remedies in furniture and home improvement cases, highlighting the desirability of remedial works in the first instance, against the backdrop of the underpinning need to get it right first time from a legal and customer service perspective.
To book, click 'book now' at the bottom of the page.
Who can attend
This session is open to all, you do not need to be a client of FIRA International or a member of the Furniture Ombudsman to attend.
09:30-10:00 Registration, coffee and networking followed by
- How photo triage can diagnose issues, reduce technician visits or help first-time repairs
- The importance of 'fault' reporting and analysis to help reduce reoccurring complaints and highlight possible supply chain issues
- Upholstery and mattress repair demonstration
- Legal updates from the Furniture Ombudsman, including case study examples
- Lunch and networking
- Cabinet repair demonstration
*Places are limited so early booking is advised* Book below.