At a glance:
The fire safety of upholstered furniture supplied into the non-domestic market is complex. It is heavily influenced by the end use of the premises in which the furniture is intended to sit.
This flammability guide intends to clarify the regulations and Standards, provide basic information on risk assessments, explain the fire safety requirements for furniture and furnishings, outline testing requirements and provide clarification on end use requirements.
- Introduction to requirements and definitions
- The Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005
- Information on risk assessments
- The Standards
- Guidance for specifiers
- Guidance for manufacturers and suppliers
- Selecting a hazard category
- Exporting furniture