Upholstered Furniture Design Brief Template released for members
A new business support document for Research Association members has been released: Upholstered Furniture Design Brief Template.
This template aims to assist furniture buyers, retailers and upholstery manufacturers in developing detailed design briefs or helping them improve existing ones by adding extra sections they may not have considered.
The template includes a section on testing requirements and the evidence required to prove compliance as well as other key areas for consideration including:
- Legal requirements specific to the product
- Any risks identified in the design / foreseeable use of the product (GPSR)
- Any materials to be specified. Description and supplier of the raw material, details of specification (weight, density) and any treatments (FR)
- Any restrictions on materials to be used – consideration of UK timber regulations, Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH), persistent organic pollutants (POPs) etc.
- Labelling requirements and positioning
- List of product or component testing that is required to be carried out to provide proof of conformity to the legal requirements
- Packaging of the product and any drop tests that are required to be carried out
Members can access the Upholstered Furniture Design Brief Template for free as part of their membership benefits. Non-members can purchase a copy via our online bookshop
Further business support documents already available in this current series include: