New ‘Compliance Scheme for the Fire Performance of Upholstered Furniture’
January sees the launch of the Furniture Industry Research Association’s new ‘Compliance Scheme for the Fire Performance of Upholstered Furniture’.
To help upholstery manufacturers and retailers understand more about the scheme, the research association and Hertfordshire Trading Standards are hosting two sessions on 8 February, which will include:
Welcome and background
- The Work of the Furniture Industry Research Association in developing the ‘Compliance Scheme for the Fire Performance of Upholstered Furniture’
- Why is the scheme needed
- Compliance Scheme for the Fire Performance of Upholstered Furniture
Overview of the scheme
- Example recent prosecutions by Trading Standards
- What does the scheme mean to manufacturers/retailers?
- Benefits of the scheme
- How to be part of the scheme
- Assured advice explained
What is assured advice
- Who can get assured advice
- How can assured advice help my organisation?
- Networking coffee break
The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988
- Background to the Regulations overview
- How is compliance achieved
- Proposals by the British Furniture Confederations to kick-start a Regulations review
- What changes may we see?
- Open flammability Q&A
Plus your chance to ask our experts queries pertinent to your organisation on how you can achieve compliance with the Regulations.
We also have some FAQ's available on the new compliance scheme.