February is a busy month for FIRA, with a number of events planned including:
'Compliance Scheme for the Fire Performance of Upholstered Furniture' - session for manufacturers and retailers with Hertfordshire Trading Standards
Thursday 8 Feb
January saw the launch of the Furniture Industry Research Association’s new ‘Compliance Scheme for the Fire Performance of Upholstered Furniture’. This session is tailored for upholstery manufacturers and retailers who have an interest in the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (as amended) and the fire safety of their products.
Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations Training
Thursday 15 Feb
This flammability training course is perfect for new starters, colleagues needing a recap and experienced colleagues needing confirmation on relevant issues. This course is structured in a way to show why and how the regulations came about, a look at what’s in and out of scope, an in depth look into the schedules and requirements, a look into relevant British Standards that cater for the contract market and finally, understanding and obligations to due diligence.
FIRA Open Day
Thursday 22 Feb
Planned to give you an overview of the work of the Furniture Industry Research Association, and FIRA International, including:
- Furniture testing, including a tour of FIRA’s UKAS accredited testing facilities
- FIRA Gold certification schemes
- Work of the ergonomics team, and the FIRA Ergonomics Excellence Award
- Consultancy and research services within FIRA
- Sustainability and the work of the Furniture Industry Sustainability Project (FISP)
- Furniture aftercare with FIRA’s Service Technicians department, including a furniture repair demonstration
For details on all events throughout 2018 click here.