On Thursday 7 September, the Furniture Industry Research Association hosted their Annual General Meeting (AGM), which signalled some changes to the Council who govern the Research Association.
Two new members were elected to the Council; Nigel Punshon, Sales Director, Hille Educational Products Ltd and Alan Bennett, Managing Director, Stuart Jones Ltd.
In addition it was announced that Margaret Miller, Chairman of Knightsbridge, was retiring from the Council. Also stepping down from their Council roles are Andy Corbett, Dave Huss, Jeremy Stein and Richard Stevenson.
Speaking on the Council changes, Charles Vernon, Chairman of the Furniture Industry Research Association said “Firstly I would like to extend a warm welcome to both Nigel and Alan. Their skillset and backgrounds will very much complement colleagues on the Council, as we continue in our work to support the furniture supply chain through knowledge, research, information and influence.
“Secondly, I would like to thank Margaret, Andy, Dave, Jeremy and Richard for their contributions to the Council, and wider Research Association, over many years’ of service. Their support has been very much appreciated.”
As of today, the Furniture Industry Research Association Council now comprises:
- Charles Vernon, Chairman
- Mark Richardson, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Blum UK
- Jessica Alexander, Executive Director, The National Bed Federation
- Anne Barber, Owner, In Heaven at Home
- Steve Barton, LifeArt Ltd
- Pete Beele, Technical Development Manager, FIRA International
- Alan Bennett, Managing Director, Stuart Jones Ltd
- Eric Catton, Catton Associates
- Paul Critchley, Home Delivery Supply Operations Manager, Home Retail Group PLC
- Andy Green, Business Development Director, Ministry of Furniture
- Jonathan Hindle, Group Managing Director, KI
- Rob Jones, Head of After Sales, ScS
- Rodney McMahon, Managing Director, Morgan Furniture
- Nigel Punshon, Sales Director, Hille Educational Products Ltd
- Richard Ranklin, Association Manager, Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers (AMUSF)
- Phil Reynolds, General Manager, FIRA International
- John Stevenson, Operations and Business Development Director, Exova Group
Those from across the furniture supply chain who are interested in being part of the Furniture Industry Research Association either as a member, or as a Council member, should visit www.fira.co.uk/membership, email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1438 777 700.