Member News Article
A Theatre for All - The Miller Centre
The Miller Centre was opened in October 1977. Its aim is to provide a friendly atmosphere and a workplace where people who miss the companionship of others can find a sense of purpose by helping to run a community theatre.
Originally a church and then a school, the premises were converted to a day centre and theatre by The Miller Centre Trust.
Following a substantial refurbishment in 2018 to provide more comfort and legroom for patrons, the theatre has 186 seats (96 raked) and can be adapted for both proscenium arch and in the round productions. It is also used as a cinema once a month to show modern blockbusters and classic films.
The centre was named after Dorothy Miller, founder of the Caterham Players in 1945.
The seat has removable seat covers and hardwearing black PU armrests and has been upholstered in a luxurious velour fabric.