Our experts can test textile for:
- Physical strength characteristics for example tensile strength, tear strength, seam slippage and burst strength
- Colour related properties especially colour fastness to light, wet rubbing, dry rubbing and water. Pile retention properties for woven and knitted pile fabrics
- Wear resistance tests such as abrasion resistance, pilling
- An assortment of leather tests such as flexing, visible soiling, abrasion, light fastness etc
Performance standards for textiles used in upholstery vary depending upon the end use of the furniture concerned in accordance with BS 2543:2004 Upholstery fabrics for end use applications. Classification:
- LD - light domestic use Suitable only for upholstery intended for occasional or very light usage
- GD - general domestic use Suitable for most styles of upholstery for general domestic
- HD - heavy domestic use Suitable for upholstery where increased durability and enhanced performance are required to counter heavy use
- GC - general contract use Suitable for upholstery likely to be subject to general contract usage, e.g. environments where the furniture is likely to be used throughout the day
- SC - severe contract use Suitable for all types of upholstery use
Speak to a FIRA International expert to find out the tests required for your product.
Need some help?
Call us on +44 (0)1438 777 700Email our experts