In 2018 our UKAS-accredited flammability lab doubled in size enabling our experts to better serve our customers through this increased capacity.
Our experts can test all types of:
We test to applicable sections of:
- The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (as amended)
- BS 7175:1989. Methods of test for the ignitability of bedcovers and pillows by smouldering and flaming ignition sources
- BS 7176:2007+A1:2011 Specification for resistance to ignition of upholstered furniture for non-domestic seating by testing composites
- BS 7177:2008+A1:2011 Specification for resistance to ignition of mattresses, mattress pads, divans and bed bases
- BS EN 597-1:2015 Furniture. Assessment of the ignitability of mattresses and upholstered bed bases. Ignition source smouldering cigarette
- BS EN 597-2:2015 Furniture. Assessment of the ignitability of mattresses and upholstered bed bases. Ignition source: match flame equivalent
- BS EN 1021-1:2014 Furniture. Assessment of the ignitability of upholstered furniture. Ignition source smouldering cigarette
- BS EN 1021-2:2014 Furniture. Assessment of the ignitability of upholstered furniture. Ignition source match flame equivalent
Flammability testing is a complex subject so to determine which test you are legally required to undertake contact our team.
For further background our experts have authored two guides:
- Fire safety of furniture and furnishings in the home - A Guide to the UK Regulations
- Fire safety of furniture and furnishings in the contract and non-domestic sectors - a guide to the UK requirements
Need some help?
Call us on +44 (0)1438 777 700Email our experts
Our testing capabilities:
American standards testing / Balustrade testing / Bed and mattress testing / Chair and seating testing / Childcare product testing / Ergonomic testing / FIRA CMA test facility - Hong Kong / FIRA International approved overseas test laboratories / Flammability testing / Foam testing / Storage furniture testing / Surface finish testing / Table and desk testing / Textile testing / Test equipment / Wood based materials testing
You may be interested in
Training & events
We provide a range of training courses and events to keep the furniture supply chain up-to-date
FIRA Compliance Scheme for the Fire Performance of Upholstered Furniture
Flammability - Show your commitment to compliance with the fire safety Regulations