For all types of furniture and related product
FIRA International is accredited to BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS), ensuring that tests are carried out to the highest standards.
No matter what your domestic, contract or commercial furniture testing needs are our experts will support you with tests for:
- Structures (tables, chairs, cabinets, beds) for safety, stability, strength and durability
- Mattresses for flammability, performance and spring tests
- Surfaces for resistance to abrasion, impacts, scrapes, scratches, heat and chemicals
- Foams for flammability, performance and pounding
- Fabrics for flammability, colour fastness, wear resistance, pile retention and performance
- Ergonomic assessments
- Risk assessments across all furniture products
Our UKAS-accredited lab tests to all the main British, European and American standards, and many clients use our expertise to devise bespoke tests.
To determine what test is right for your product(s) contact our experts. They will be able to advise what standards are applicable and which regulations you need to meet by law.
Need some help?
Call us on +44 (0)1438 777 700Email our experts
Our testing capabilities:
American standards testing / Balustrade testing / Bed and mattress testing / Chair and seating testing / Childcare product testing / Ergonomic testing / FIRA CMA test facility - Hong Kong / FIRA International approved overseas test laboratories / Flammability testing / Foam testing / Storage furniture testing / Surface finish testing / Table and desk testing / Textile testing / Test equipment / Wood based materials testing
You may be interested in
Training & events
We provide a range of training courses and events to keep the furniture supply chain up-to-date
Technical and consultancy services
Help across the whole furniture supply chain offering consultancy, training and auditing
Helping companies maximise the comfort, safety and efficiency of furniture and related products