We are all aware of the outbreak and recent spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the significant impact that it has had on people and communities across the world. As of March 11th, 2020 the World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 as a pandemic.
As a global business, and with safety as our number one value, FIRA International recognizes the importance of responding in a systemic, consistent and proportionate way to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our colleagues and their families, visitors to our locations as well as ensuring that we play a responsible role in supporting the containment of the pandemic. We have taken, and continue to take, multiple steps to ensure the health and safety of our people, our customers and our suppliers and the communities in which we operate, while minimizing disruption to operations:
- Guidance to all colleagues regarding hygiene and potential self-isolation
- Sharing detailed business continuity guidance with our senior leadership teams to cascade to their teams
- Informing customers of any restrictions to services at relevant FIRA International sites
- Limiting customer and supplier visits to FIRA International sites
- Limiting all travel and group meetings within the company
- Limiting attendance and participation at conferences and trade shows
FIRA International continues to monitor what is a fluid and difficult situation and is reviewing all advice from the World Health Organisation (WHO), national governments and other relevant authorities. Our priority remains to minimise risk to our colleagues, their families, and our customers. If changing circumstances mean that our response to COVID-19 materially changes, we will update all stakeholders accordingly.