The Furniture Industry Sustainability Programme
Launched in 2006 to support and improve the furniture industry's sustainability credentials, FISP has rapidly become established as the industry forum on all environmental and sustainable issues.
Large tenders and retail specifications increasingly ask a supplier to prove that they have sustainability at the heart of their operations. FISP is the easiest way of demonstrating this. FISP can be used as a valuable marketing tool to differentiate
a FISP member and their products from a competitor.
Focusing on not just environmental issues, but also purchasing, end of product life, social and community issues, FISP membership can also offer cost savings and production efficiencies, improving a member’s competitiveness.
The ability to prove a company’s sustainability credentials is becoming more and more important when securing sales and meeting tender requirements.
FISP membership demonstrates that a company is taking its environmental and corporate social responsibility obligations seriously. FISP is backed by the entire furniture industry and is the mark of sustainable excellence.
• Increases competitivieness
• Required for many contract tenders and retail specifications
• Helps build customer trust
• Helps create new market opportunities and develop more sustainable products
• Improved efficiencies and money saving schemes
• Developed for and by the furniture industry
• Administered by industry experts in sustainability
• For manufacturers, suppliers and retailers
• Associate and full membership options
• Exclusive sector specific sustainability workbook
• Annual report
For more information about how you can benefit from FISP, please contact FIRA on 01438 777700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org